The Facility Attendant provides operational supervision of community centers during the absence of full-time staff. Work hours may vary but will often be evenings, weekends and occasionally weekdays. The location of the facility will be discussed during the interview and may be for multiple locations depending on availability.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (This is a general description of duties and is not all-inclusive)
- Supervision of user fee classes and private group uses
- Light maintenance
- Provide general assistance with office work, answer telephones and assist facility visitors
- Light lifting and moving of equipment
- Interpret Department policy
- Receive use permits and payments for community centers
- Assist in organizing and implementing special events and holiday programs
- Create and prepare lobby bulletin boards and displays promoting special events and holiday programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
The Recreation Supervisor at the assigned community center provides general supervision
- Must be least 18 years of AND one year or one summer work or volunteer experience
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and reliably complete assigned tasks
- Must possess basic clerical and computer skills
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations and positive attitude with others
- Ability to tactfully resolve guest/associate concerns
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Must be able to handle sensitive and/or stressful situations or information with tact, discretion and significant awareness of confidentiality
- Must effectively communicate with adults and children from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to comply with suspected child abuse reporting (11166.5 PC)
- Employees are required to be certified in Adult/Child CPR & First Aid from American Red Cross, American Heart Association or supervisor approved equivalent. Employees must be certified within 30 days of hire date or prior to the first day of work, whichever occurs earlier.
- Fingerprinting and TB test are required
- Must submit verification of legal right to work in the United States as a condition of employment
Qualified applications will be evaluated based on related experience and quality of presentation. The most highly qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. Application evaluations may include a written and physical test. Satisfactory candidates will be placed on an eligibility list. Placements are anticipated immediately after the list is established. Some placements may be assigned to emphasize public education as the City’s needs require.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT
City of Fremont, Recreation Services Division
3300 Capitol Avenue, Building B, Fremont, CA 94538
For further information regarding this position, please call (510) 494-4347
THE CITY OF FREMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON ANY BASIS.
The Recreation Services Division will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities and for religious reasons. Please advise us of special needs in advance of the examination by calling (510) 494-4347.
Some positions may require a health evaluation.
The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
This temporary assignment does not include benefits.