The City of Livermore is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer - Lateral. If you are currently employed as a peace officer for a California Police or Sheriff’s Department and wish to work for an exceptional organization, submit your application today.
The Livermore Police Department fosters a problem solving, community policing philosophy to address crime and quality of life concerns.
Livermore Police Officers receive a competitive salary and benefits package, are provided state of the art equipment, and work a highly desired 4/11 schedule. We also enjoy strong support from the community. The City of Livermore is not only an excellent place to work, but also an ideal place to live.
- Lateral Police Officer applicants must meet the following requirements: (1) Meet P.O.S.T. standards for lateral entry; (2) Currently employed as a peace officer or employed within the last six month with a California Police or Sheriff's Department; (3) Meet all minimum qualifications for employment as a Police Officer. Out-of-state peace officers may qualify by completing the Basic Course Waiver process and providing the waiver letter granted by CA POST.
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school. College or university education is desirable.
- License: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License at time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the City of Livermore.
- Other Requirements: 21 years of age at time of swear-in; ability to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and scheduled and emergency overtime; be available on call as required; and work under potentially hazardous conditions, taking all necessary safety precautions.
- Special Requirements: Weight proportional to height. Vision no less than 20/100 uncorrected in either eye and 20/30 corrected in either eye with no color deficiencies. Ability to lift, drag, and transport objects/individuals weighing up to 150 pounds; hear voices over background noises; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; sit and/or stand for long periods of time; and other requirements as provided in the California P.O.S.T. Medical Screening Manual.
The City of Livermore is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.