The City of Menlo Park is currently accepting applications for the Recreation Leader I (Part-Time, Temporary) position. Please review the details below for more information regarding this opportunity.
Pay Range: $13.90 - $15.18
Hours per Week: 10 to 20 hours, not to exceed 1,000 hours per year
Days: weekend hours and occasional weekday evenings
Times: varies on the weekends during classes, rentals and events potentially from 7 AM to 2 AM. Occasional weeknights 4 PM to 10 PM and weekdays as needed.
Location: Arrillaga Recreation Center
Must be 18 Years or older, with a flexible schedule. Previous recreation or customer service experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Energetic, reliable, flexible and hands-on! Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for set-up and clean-up of events, classes
- Overseeing day of duties for facility rentals
- Answer telephones and forward calls to appropriate personnel
- Taking class registrations, drop-ins and cash handling
- Responsible for opening and closing of the building
- Ability to explain procedures and requirements for rentals
- Comfortable enforcing City policies and procedures
- Computer Literacy (Word/Excel/Outlook/Publisher/EGov)
- Assist with office duties and special projects and requests as needed
- Provide front counter coverage when weekday staff is out of the office
Not eligible for benefits. Employees will receive sick leave in accordance with State Law.