Start your next career at the City of Menlo Park in the Community Services Department Gymnastics program!
You’d join a committed team dedicated to enhancing the quality of life by creating a vibrant and healthy community, developing leaders inside the organization and within the community. Get an opportunity to work in a state of the art gymnastics facility in the single largest program that the City of Menlo Park offers. Last year our department served over one million participants giving community members the opportunity to recreate, connect and grow. We value service, commitment and professionalism. Help us grow our community of proactive and innovated leaders.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
- Minimum of two years of responsible experience in recreation programs, ideally focused on gymnastics. Experience in working with a variety of age groups is desirable.
- First aid and CPR certification applicable to participants under instruction
The City offers an excellent benefit package consisting of:
- A City-paid Caltrain Go Pass. The Menlo Park campus is centrally located within walking distance from Caltrain and downtown Menlo Park
- For non-Caltrain riders, the City offers employees a commuter check program of up to $75.00 per month toward the purchase of a non-Caltrain monthly transit pass; or a transportation allowance program provides employees with $1.50 per day when they walk, bicycle or carpool to work at least once per week
- Health Insurance: City contribution up to $2,234 per month towards a Cafeteria Plan which can be used to purchase medical insurance and participate in a flexible spending account for health care and/or child care reimbursement
- Dental: City-paid coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision: City-paid coverage for employee and dependents
- Vacation: 88 - 176 hours of vacation leave accrual each year, depending on length of service
- Sick Leave: 96 hours of sick leave accrued each year
- Holidays: 11 official holidays and 34 hours of floating holiday time per year, prorated based on date of hire
- Retirement: CalPERS: For classic members 2.0% @ 60 formula. For all others, 2.0%@ 62 formula
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary participation in City Plans.
- Life Insurance: City-paid policy equal to 1-1/2 times regular annual wage
- Long Term Disability: City-paid coverage
- Educational leave and tuition reimbursement
- Employees are provided with access to an on-site gym at no cost
For additional benefit information, visit www.menlopark.org and review the City of Menlo Park and SEIU Memorandum of Understanding
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to fill out the required City application completely, including all relevant work experience. Applications with “See Resume” as a substitution for the work experience description and/or unclear past employment information will not be considered.
Applications will be screened according to the qualifications outlined in this announcement. Not all applications which may meet the minimum requirements will proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process. If less than 20 qualified applications are received, the eligibility list will be established based on application review. If more than 21 qualified applications are received, the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an Oral Board Panel Examination. All applicants will be notified by email as to whether or not they are invited to participate further in the selection process.
An Eligible List will be established as a result of this examination process and will be valid for a period of six (6) months. The list may be extended up to a maximum of two (2) years. The hiring department will review the Eligible List to determine which candidates will be invited to the department selection process.
The City of Menlo Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the City of Menlo Park not to discriminate against all qualified applicants or employees. We will make reasonable efforts in the selection process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please contact Veronica Wortham at (650) 330-6673 or email@example.com prior to the closing date for accommodation requests.
Before receiving an offer of employment, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a reference check, criminal conviction history questionnaire, OccuScreen check, and fingerprinting.
Applicants must be successful in all phases of the selection process to be considered for this position.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, all potential employees are required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.