About Menlo Park
Menlo Park is a city of beautiful, tree-lined neighborhoods and active commercial districts. Located conveniently between the major metropolitan areas of San Francisco and San Jose, Menlo Park is home to a little over 32,000 residents in its 19 square miles.
Excellent public and private schools serve Menlo Park’s many young families, while residents of all ages enjoy the city’s numerous parks and recreational facilities. The city’s close proximity to Stanford University and Menlo College provide a multitude of academic, cultural and athletic event opportunities. The arts and leisure activities of the major urban areas of San Francisco and San Jose are close by. These and many other amenities contribute to Menlo Park’s outstanding quality of life. Known worldwide as the “Capital of Venture Capital,” Menlo Park is well situated to benefit from and help shape new technologies and markets originating from the Silicon Valley.
The City of Menlo Park is currently accepting applications for the Recreation Leader I (Part-Time, Temporary) position. Please review the details below for more information regarding this opportunity.
Pay Range: $13.90 -$15.18
Hours per Week: Approximately 10 hours, not to exceed 1,000 hours per year
Days: Weekday morning, afternoon and evenings as needed, potential for weekend hours also available.
Times: varies depending on needs Monday-Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM, primary hours between 8 AM and 4 PM.
Location: Arrillaga Recreation Center, 700 Alma St. Menlo Park, 94025
Must be 18 Years or older, with a flexible schedule. Previous recreation or customer service experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Energetic, reliable, flexible and hands-on! Must be able to lift 25 lbs and push 40 lbs.
Essential Job Duties
- Overseeing day of duties for any classes, events and facility rentals including set up and take down of facility equipment (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Answer telephones and forward calls to appropriate personnel
- Taking class registrations, drop-ins and cash handling
- May be responsible for opening and closing of the building
- Ability to explain procedures and requirements for rentals
- Comfortable enforcing City policies and procedures
- Computer Literacy (Word/Outlook/Chrome/EGov)
- Assist with office duties and special projects and requests as needed
- Provide front counter coverage when regular weekday staff is out of the office in the mornings, afternoon or evenings
- Assisting with Tot-Lot drop in play program including set up and take down of program equipment as needed
Not eligible for benefits. Employees will receive sick leave in accordance with State Law.