Are you looking for a great opportunity to connect with your community while investing in your future? Do you want to see first-hand what it’s like to engage in active, multi-generational work that directly contributes to the well-being of our greater Mill Valley community? If you answered yes, then you belong with Mill Valley Recreation! With our team, you will create memorable experiences while cultivating new and lasting connections within our greater Southern Marin Community. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn through consistent, quality training and, apply your learning through direct hands-on experience.
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, provides a variety of clerical support and customer service tasks. Performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Performs a variety of clerical support and receptionist duties; data input, answers phones, directs calls, takes messages, greets public and provides general information for all Parks and Recreation Department classes, programs and events.
- Monitors all admittance to the facility, checks required credentials and charges appropriate fees.
- Calculates fees, charges and operate, balance cash register during shift.
- Monitor guests' activities in the main lobby area and enforce all rules, regulations and safety principals.
- Assists in opening and closing procedures for the Aquatics/Fitness Center.
- Handles such services as selling merchandise and vending machine refunds.
- Maintain work area in a presentable, organized fashion while also maintaining organized files and accurate records.
- Has the ability to speak English clearly and understandably.
- Reads and follows diagrams and instruction written in English.
- Operate office equipment (including computers, scanners, calculators, printers, and copiers).
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Respond professionally to emergencies, provide care according to the level of training.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Perform related duties as required.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education, training, and which likely provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Candidates receiving a conditional job offer must pass a pre-placement fingerprint review. The employee must satisfactorily complete an evaluatory period before obtaining regular status. Candidates must possess a current CPR/AED and First Aid certificate and be comfortable calling 911 in an emergency.
- Certifications - Has certifications or is willing to obtain certifications within 4 weeks of obtaining job.
- Availability to work flexible hours outside of a typical workday (weeknights and weekends).
- Customer Service oriented (patient and responsive).
- Attention to Detail.
- Prompt, timely.
- Enjoys the opportunity to get moving and away from the desk while they work.
- Opportunity to work in a wonderful facility with supportive colleagues.
- Receive a membership to our Aquatic and Fitness Center with employment.
- Receive discounts to programs, please ask hiring staff more about how to qualify for this opportunity.
The City of Mill Valley utilizes CalOpps.org to accept and process employment applications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the City's official application form, but should accompany the application. All applications and resumes will be reviewed to select those applicants whose qualifications appear to most closely match the requirements of the position. A limited number of qualified applicants may be invited to participant in the subsequent phase(s) of the recruitment process, which may include one or more of the following: written examination, performance examination, assessment exercises, oral interviews, and complete background checks. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Paper applications may be obtained from the City of Mill Valley at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941 or by calling (415) 388-4033x4835.