Definition: Under supervision, to provide facility support to recreation programs, activities or services; understands and adheres to facility policies and procedures; and performs related work as required. This temporary part-time non-benefited position works an average of 8 -20 hours per week during the program year.
Essential Duties: Depending upon assignment, the duties of a Facility Attendant - Recreation Leader I , II or III may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizes, inventories and maintains necessary facilities and materials.
- Open, close, and secure recreation facilities.
- Set up and tear down tables and chairs.
- Follow set-up directions specific to each activity and event.
- Maintains group and individual discipline, and code of conduct.
- Perform light maintenance to maintain equipment, rooms, and the overall appearance of the facility and picnic rental sites
- Provide quality customer service to all instructors, participants, and renters
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Special Requirements: Vision adequate to perform room set-ups and take down; speak clearly; ability to bend stoop or crouch; physical stamina to complete all set-up related activities; ability to work off-hours, shifts or events as required; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds; and the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather and temperature conditions.
- Operation of a recreation facility.
- City policies and procedures.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Basic first aid and safety practices and procedures;
- Customer service including greeting guests and providing information.
- Recreation activities and services.
- Basic event management and principals.
- Work independently.
- Prioritize and handle multiple program tasks.
- Think and act quickly in emergencies.
- Judge situations and people accurately.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and the public.
- Perform work in a safe manner.
- Perform the physical duties of the job.
Education and/or Experience: Sufficient experience and education to perform the duties of a Facility Attendant as listed above.
License: Must possess and maintain a valid CALIFORNIA Class C Operator's license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles and a satisfactory driving record.
Certificates: Must possess a first aid/CPR certification or be willing to obtain one.
Must successfully complete background process. All candidates will be fingerprinted pursuant to California State Law. All successful candidates under age 18 must possess a work permit prior to hire.
An application may be submitted via CalOpps (www.calopps.org). An application may also be obtained from Human Resources located at: 621 Magnolia Ave., Millbrae, Ca 94030. Regular office hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Following a review of applications, qualified candidates will be invited for an oral interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the City of Millbrae to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
This is a non-benefitted position.
Submit an application as soon as possible. This position is open until filled. This position may close at any time based on the needs of the City.
Please Note: This is a temporary at-will position, exempt from the provisions of the City's Personnel Rules.