The City of Pacifica
Invites your application for the position of:
CHILD CARE ASSOCIATE TEACHER
POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW!
The Child Care Division of the Parks, Beaches & Recreation Department of the City of Pacifica is recruiting for part-time Associate Teachers. Immediate openings exist!
The Child Care Division is seeking entry level and experienced Child Care Associate Teachers for immediate hiring. Ideal candidates will be available to work year-round, Monday through Friday with varying shifts. Associate Teachers may be assigned to school-age or pre-school programs, depending upon the needs of the program.
This position is responsible for leading activities and supervision of small groups of children at a State-funded Title V program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting staff in implementing youth recreation activities, sports, arts, crafts, and other age-appropriate activities;
- Maintaining discipline, site safety and observe the overall physical and emotional well-being of the program participants;
- Interacting with parents; participants, school district and city employees in a professional manner;
- Assisting students in completing homework in a variety of subjects
- Attending staff meetings and in-service training as required.
Requirements for the Position
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all staff
- Reliability and ability to work as a productive team member
- Must be 18 years old or possess either a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with children required
- Must have successfully completed the 12-core Early Childhood Education units that are required to obtain an Associate Teacher permit from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Prior to appointment, Child Care staff members must pass a background check, including fingerprint submission to the Department of Justice and State licensing screening process, a TB test and immunizations.
Ongoing. For more information, contact Tracy Gilbert, Interim Child Care Supervisor at (650) 738-7388. Recruitment is continuous until all positions are filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Ideal Candidates will be:
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all staff.
- Reliable and able to work as a productive team member.
- Be at least 18 years of age or possess either a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Have experience working with children.
- Have successfully completed the 12-core Early Childhood Education units that are required to obtain an Associate Teacher permit from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
This is a non-benefitted position.
Apply immediately as applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Immediate Openings Available.
Apply online today!