Recreation Leader l / Building Attendant l
Parks & Community Services Department
Up to 5 Part-time, Temporary Positions Available
The City of San Ramon is seeking an energetic, outgoing, customer satisfaction-oriented individual to provide exceptional service to the public at the City’s various community and aquatic centers. This position provides assistance with facility rentals, completes room set-ups, meets with renters and contractors, and provides oversight of facility use. We offer a flexible schedule and can accommodate up to 25 hours per week, which may include weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedules are made a month in advance and are determined by staff availability. All employees are given the opportunity to work the Memorial Day and Fourth of July holidays to assist with special City events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete requested furniture arrangements and equipment set-ups to include audio and visual, and perform facility maintenance assignments as requested. Must be able to lift at least seventy-five (75) pounds;
- Open, close and secure City facilities;
- Maintain a safe program environment and facility; conduct safety checks;
- Greet the public, respond to questions concerning programs, rentals, department activities or facility use;
- Assist building patrons at any of the community centers, aquatic centers, group picnic areas, athletic fields or other City facilities. Ensure that all patrons conform to established policies and procedures;
- Maintain records and complete event condition reports;
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the building both prior and post event and ensures that building and/or facility is ready for the next facility scheduled use;
- Attend mandatory pre-service and in-service trainings and meetings;
- Administer first aid as required; handle emergency or unusual situations by notifying the proper authority or responder; and
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level to while providing excellent service to all patrons
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade;
- Applicants will be subject to Department of Justice (DOJ) background clearance; and
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ready to join our team? Apply online today!
Interested individuals must apply online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanramon.
OFFICIAL JOB CLASSIFICATION
The City of San Ramon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Division at (925) 973-2523. Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.