The Vallejo Flood and Wastewater District invites applications for a COLLECTION SYSTEM TECHNICIAN I / II to fill three positions. This is a continuous recruitment - FIRST APPLICATION REVIEW IS NOVEMBER 14 AT 1:00 PM
The District is seeking a Collection System Technician I / II to perform a variety of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled work in support of District collection systems installation, inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance and repair activities including mechanical repair activities for stationary and mobile equipment; assists in, and performs, underground televised wastewater line inspection and hydro-cleaning of sewer lines; and performs other duties as assigned.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications (please see job description), the ideal candidate for this position:
· Creates a positive work environment
· Displays a positive and professional attitude with a focus on developing strong Leadership skills
· Respects and supports the diversity and differences in their coworkers and the community we serve
· Is honest, enthusiastic and energetic about delivering exceptional customer service
· Has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Is able to successfully adapt to changing priorities
· Has a passion to improve the organization and a desire to continuously strive for personal growth
· Is a team player who enjoys working with peers, partners and others to positively impact the District’s efficiency, performance and work environment
· Has strong problem solving skills
· Has the ability to be remain calm in stressful situations
Please see job announcement.
Please review the supplemental questions prior to applying for this position. Please attach your CWEA Collection System Maintenance certificate and any other documentation you would like us to consider.